When we think about the design process, we should always consider one important aspect of user experience – accessibility. Every 4th human around us likely has some disabilities, therefore it’s fundamentally important to take these people into account as we design our products, websites or services. Accessibility is not a feature, it’s a mind-set.
Why Design for Accessibility?
- Show this data to your leadership and stakeholders and explain the importance of accessibility for your users.
- Always keep accessibility in mind as you design for your users. Accessibility is not a feature, it should be a permanent mindset.
- Follow the principles of accessibility.
- Use accessibility tools for checking contrast, text legibility, and other A11Y aspects.
- Validate your design implementation against the accessibility requirements (WCAG).