S.M.A.R.T. goals framework is a great technique that allows you to define clear, specific, and measurable goals and potential outcomes in your UX projects. This methodology can be applied to different domain areas, and for UX design it’s vital for understanding ROI and impact of design.
S.M.A.R.T. Goals Framework for UX Projects
For each part of S.M.A.R.T. ask the following questions:
- What do I want to accomplish?
- Why is this goal important?
- Who is involved?
- Where is it located?
- Which resources or limits are involved?
- What can I do today?
- How much?
- How many?
- How will I know when it’s accomplished?
- How can I accomplish the goal?
- How realistic is the goal?
- Does it seem worthwhile?
- Is this the right time?
- Does this match our other efforts/needs?
- Am I the right person to reach this goal?
- How will I track progress?